From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] app-emulation/qemu & app-emulation/qemu-kvm folding into one package
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 13:21:02
1 On 09/10/2012 03:55 AM, Doug Goldstein wrote:
2 > Hey all,
3 >
4 > Just an announcement that app-emulation/qemu-kvm will be pkgmove'd to
5 > app-emulation/qemu at some point this week. The app-emulation/qemu
6 > ebuilds will effectively die and be replaced by the
7 > app-emulation/qemu-kvm ebuilds. I've brought this up before and there
8 > was a bunch of rabble about "keep our pristine qemu ebuilds!!!". The
9 > fact of the matter is that the app-emulation/qemu just isn't getting
10 > the same maintenance care that app-emulation/qemu-kvm is. I've really
11 > only got the bandwidth to handle one at a time. Additionally this will
12 > bring us inline with a few other distros use of qemu as they're really
13 > building their binaries from qemu-kvm.
14
15 I mostly care for the qemu-user variant (and lately I had been otherwise
16 busy).
17
18 I like the idea of keeping a single ebuild for the system emulation though.
19
20 lu