From: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [ANNOUNCE] Project Sunrise - Gentoo User Overlay
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 17:06:08
1 Stefan Schweizer wrote: [Wed Jun 07 2006, 07:42:03PM CDT]
2 > Initially jokey and myself will be working on this. The current focus is to
3 > migrate ebuilds from bugzilla into the overlay and to get contributors to
4 > commit their changes to the overlay instead of updating the bugzilla every
5 > time.
6
7 I'm not opposed to what would essentially be an overlay of
8 maintainier-wanted ebuilds, but I would actually prefer to see that
9 happen by pulling from the bugzilla database instead of trying to
10 replace bugzilla altogether. My reasoning is that bugzilla provides a
11 place for community development of an ebuild (including commentary!),
12 which would not be true of just the overlay. If one were instead to add
13 a magical bugs whiteboard status or keyword that let a script know that
14 there's an ebuild to pull from bugzilla that should be added to the
15 there-be-dragons-here overlay, I'd think that would make life
16 much simpler for everybody.
17
18 -g2boojum-
19 --
20 Grant Goodyear
21 Gentoo Developer
22 g2boojum@g.o
23 http://www.gentoo.org/~g2boojum
24 GPG Fingerprint: D706 9802 1663 DEF5 81B0 9573 A6DC 7152 E0F6 5B76