From: Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Deleting old news items
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2018 14:14:31
1 On 01/03/2018 02:45 PM, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Wed, 3 Jan 2018 12:23:33 +0100
3 > Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o> wrote:
4 >> Do we necessarily need to do even that? A package manager could have a
5 >> feature to mask based on other heuristics without changing the format,
6 >> e.g all messages from before X, presumably with a switch to show
7 > Package manglers having to use heuristics when explicit information
8 > could easily be provided by developers but isn't is the source of at
9 > least 27.4% of Gentoo's problems.
10
11 I'd say it is easier to have flexibility for user to decide than a
12 developer trying to estimate the value of the information for setting an
13 expiration date, as that is context dependent.
16 Kristian Fiskerstrand
17 OpenPGP keyblock reachable at hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net
18 fpr:94CB AFDD 3034 5109 5618 35AA 0B7F 8B60 E3ED FAE3