From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: "Alin Năstac" <mrness@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Of Mips and Devs [Was: Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for January]
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 08:40:37
1 On Thursday 10 January 2008, Alin Năstac wrote:
2 > Mike Frysinger wrote:
3 > > > 3. Should Gentoo even continue to support mips?
4 > >
5 > > i see dropping keywords as a very last resort. getting a port *back*
6 > > into the tree is a *tremendous* amount of work (i went through it and it
7 > > was hell), while keeping ~arch alive is a sliver of effort and generally
8 > > not a blocker for package maintainers.
9 >
10 > How about arm, s390 and sh arches? If I'm not mistaken, you are the only
11 > one taking care of these arches and apparently you loosed interest in
12 > maintaining them.
13
14 i'm afraid we differ in opinion quite drastically here. i routinely update
15 the arches according to the tree. i do not go through bugzilla though and
16 remove my cc's until much later.
17
18 i imagine on KEYWORDREQ, these arches take quite a while, but not for
19 STABLEREQ.
20 -mike