From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Questions about XML files used in portage
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 19:48:10
1 On Friday 23 September 2005 18:41, Grobian wrote:
2 > Paul de Vrieze wrote:
3 > > One reason is that there still is no real agreement on what schema to
4 > > support. Also when I wrote those I was more at home with DTD's than with
5 > > WXS or Relaxng, and xmllint (part of libxml2) did not support WXS
6 > > validation.
7 > >
8 > > I'll look into creating a WXS version.
9 >
10 > Is WXS an XML Schema file? (XSD) If so, I have made a few of those
11 > schemas myself in the past, so I might be of any use if necessary...
12 > Feel free to contact me about it.
13
14 WXS is W3C Xml Schema, so yes. The problem though is that the DTD and the
15 schema must be compatible on some level.
16
17 Paul
20 Paul de Vrieze
21 Gentoo Developer