From: Roy Marples <uberlord@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Suitable USE flag name for stuff that requires non volatile memory
Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 18:13:42
1 On Sat, 12 May 2007 17:36:28 +0000 (UTC)
2 Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> wrote:
3 > Are any other LiveCDs using it yet or otherwise providing IPv6 DHCP
4 > functionality? What do they do? Surely it's not just a Gentoo
5 > problem.
6
7 There's only one dhcp IPv6 client, and thats dhcpv6 which hasn't been
8 updated for a while and is quite crufty. They force a duid-llt too.
9
10 DHCP IPv6 isn't commonplace, as I don't think there's any good servers
11 yet. ISC's DHCP will have IPv6 support at some point though.
12
13 But you can configure pretty much everything automatically using radvd
14 except for things like DNS resolution, NTP, etc.
17 > I still think IUSE=dhcp-uid is about as descriptive as it gets, and
18 > coupled with a decent use.desc.local entry and perhaps an elog notice
19 > of some sort, that should be fine.
20
21 Noted.
22