From: Stefan Boresch <stefan@×××××××××××××.at>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: AW: [gentoo-dev] Gzipped HTML docs in /usr/share/doc
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 18:17:58
1 Thanks for the answer!
2
3 On Tue, 2002-02-19 at 09:57, Sebastian Werner wrote:
4 > You are right. Leave all directories which contains html-documentation
5 > without compression or put all files in one tar file and compress this
6 > file.
7
8 Nevertheless, what am I supposed to do? Write (a) bug report(s) (submit
9 patches) for each package with gzipped HTML docs I run across --- there
10 seem to be a lot... Or, and this makes this a more general question,
11 can/could this be handled on the portage/ebuild level? (I am still
12 at portage 1.8.8)
13
14 I guess I'am expecting (hoping for) some response from
15 management. Let me know whether to shut up, swamp bugs.gentoo.org
16 or to look into modifying ebuild (the latter may turn out problematic,
17 as my programming experience is rather limited...)
18
19 Cheers,
20
21 Stefan