From: Danny van Dyk <kugelfang@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Jakub Moc <jakub@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] QA Team's role
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 10:32:47
1 Am Mittwoch, 1. März 2006 08:21 schrieb Jakub Moc:
2 > 28.2.2006, 16:31:26, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
3 > > On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 16:17:20 +0100 Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
4 > > | On Tuesday 28 February 2006 15:52, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
5 > | >> Yes, it's an utterly trivial problem, but it is a QA violation.
6 > | >> Getting a complete list is something that takes a heck of a lot
7 > | >> longer, and I have yet to be convinced that my time would not be
8 > | >> better spent elsewhere.
9 > > |
10 > > | Where is a coding style problem related to quality of code in general
11 > > | and assurance in particular?
12 > >
13 > > It's more relevant than you might think. Screwing up layout like that
14 > > breaks various QA checking tools that assume that things are in the
15 > > standard format.
16 >
17 > A tool that chokes on coding style (like tabs and whitespaces) should be
18 > ifself fixed.
19 Hmm, you never used repoman, right? repoman checks for whitespace and tab
20 oddities and warns you, if you want to commit them.
21
22 Danny
23 --
24 Danny van Dyk <kugelfang@g.o>
25 Gentoo/AMD64 Project, Gentoo Scientific Project
28 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list