From: Jakub Moc <jakub@g.o>
To: Ciaran McCreesh <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re[2]: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] QA Team's role
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 07:24:04
1 28.2.2006, 16:31:26, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2
3 > On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 16:17:20 +0100 Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
4 > wrote:
5 > | On Tuesday 28 February 2006 15:52, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
6 | >> Yes, it's an utterly trivial problem, but it is a QA violation.
7 | >> Getting a complete list is something that takes a heck of a lot
8 | >> longer, and I have yet to be convinced that my time would not be
9 | >> better spent elsewhere.
10 > |
11 > | Where is a coding style problem related to quality of code in general
12 > | and assurance in particular?
13
14 > It's more relevant than you might think. Screwing up layout like that
15 > breaks various QA checking tools that assume that things are in the
16 > standard format.
17
18 A tool that chokes on coding style (like tabs and whitespaces) should be
19 ifself fixed.
24 jakub