From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Concerns about WIPE_TMP change
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 13:56:24
1 On 20-01-2008 08:47:26 -0500, Richard Freeman wrote:
2 > You and I know what /tmp is for, but we also know that we shouldn't be
3 > running as root all the time and yet I'm sure there is a note in the
4 > install handbook about that. 95% of new linux users come from Windows, and
5 > as such they have a few bad habits that they'd probably be all to happy to
6 > lose if somebody takes the time to point them out.
7
8 On Solaris /tmp is mounted on your swap, so you don't want to write
9 large/many files there (e.g. unpacking source tars).
10
11 > In any case, an elog should solve the problem...
12
13 Mike already added an elog, so it's done.
16 Fabian Groffen
17 Gentoo on a different level
18 --
19 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list