From: jano <jano@××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Start enhancement
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 10:20:27
1 I concur. I wonder what sort of drawbacks there would be to doing this?
2
3 > Hey,
4 >
5 > I have a good dream last night. Some days ago I find the tool from
6 > Microsoft to optimize the boot time of their new system (winxp). The
7 > idea is to run some services to system-init parallel. Or in other
8 > words: Why we must wait for samba to start xdm. Couldn't we use the
9 > multitaskting experience of linux in our init-scripts. So we can start
10 > Linux in near the half time I think. Good or bad idea?
11 >
12 > Thanks in advance.
13 >
14 > Sebastian Werner