From: Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Fwd: [gentoo-ebuild] updated apache ebuild
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 12:13:19
1 This was sent to gentoo-ebuild but belongs on gentoo-dev, redirected - Dan
2 Armak.
3
4 ---------- Forwarded Message ----------
5
6 Subject: [gentoo-ebuild] updated apache ebuild
7 Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 10:27:02 -0500
8 From: Jon Nelson <jnelson@××××××××××.com>
9 To: gentoo-ebuild@××××××××××.org
10
11 I request that the apache ebuild and associated files be updated with the
12 following alterations:
13
14 Rename /etc/httpd to /etc/apache
15 Rename /etc/init.d/httpd to /etc/init.d/apache
16 Rename /usr/lib/httpd to /usr/lib/apache
17 Rename /usr/local/httpd to /usr/local/apache
18 Rename /var/cache/httpd to /var/cache/apache
19
20 /var/log/apache and /usr/include/apache already follow this standard.
21
22 all pertinent paths s/httpd/apache/g
23
24 Why? More than one httpd can be installed. I don't think that
25 packages should use filenames or paths that reflect their purpose,
26 but rather continue to use their name instead.
27 --
28 Jon Nelson
29 jnelson@×××××××.net
30 C and Python Programmer