From: Drake Wyrm <wyrm@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] app-admin/mbr.. what to do... Bag somebody else with it!
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 17:10:35
1 Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Thu, 2005-06-16 at 11:13 +0200, Diego 'Flameeyes' Petten? wrote:
3 > > On Thursday 16 June 2005 10:53, Patrick Lauer wrote:
4 > > > Always a drag to see packages getting dropped, but if noone
5 > > > maintains them there's not much that can be done.
6 > > Well maybe we can have a way to define "latest portage version" for
7 > > removed package (a tag on cvs?) so that someone can prepare a weekly
8 > > tarball of removed packages waiting for new maintainers or so on.
9 > you mean a repository of removed ebuilds? I don't know if that is a
10 > good idea, but it sure has some uses. But if I'm not mistaken files
11 > can be resurrected from cvs, so they are not "lost", only less
12 > accessible.
13
14 How about if, perhaps, the Gentoo developers make arrangements with the
15 folks at BreakMyGentoo to have them adopt orphaned packages? That way,
16 the packages would still be available to users who like to tinker and
17 don't mind playing with explosives.
20 Batou: Hey, Major... You ever hear of "human rights"?
21 Kusanagi: I understand the concept, but I've never seen it in action.
22 --Ghost in the Shell
23 --
24 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list