From: Aron Griffis <agriffis@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] category sci-geosciences redundant ?
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 23:17:14
1 Vapier wrote:[Thu Mar 17 2005, 12:34:51AM EST]
2 > On Wednesday 16 March 2005 11:31 pm, Olivier Fisette wrote:
3 > > After GLEP 34 is implemented, descriptions will be available for the
4 > > categories so clear category names will be a bit less important. If you
5 > > want all packages in sci-* moved again, though, I think you will have to do
6 > > it yourself. And unless epkgmove has improved since I last used it, this
7 > > will be boring and error prone. :(
8 >
9 > i dont mind doing it ... plus i now have you bound saying it's ok !
10
11 I don't personally care about anything in those categories, but this
12 is a seriously pointless exercise with annoying results: A consequence
13 of using CVS is that the cvs logs don't follow name changes, so it's
14 necessary to find the older directories in the Attic to extract the
15 old logs.
16
17 Since there's no reason other than "vapier can't spell" to change
18 these category names, and some people have expressed that they prefer
19 the unambiguity of the present names... could we leave them alone
20 please?
21
22 Regards,
23 Aron