From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Summary of PPC team meeting
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 20:56:51
1 On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 21:34:02 +0100 Lars Weiler <pylon@g.o> wrote:
2 | That means, we will work an a common-profile with sub-profiles for ppc
3 | and ppc64. A first target-date would be the 2005.1 release. The
4 | masterplan[tm] for the team-merge should be presented at the next
5 | meeting (in about four weeks).
6
7 Is the ultimate aim a merged keyword like we did for sparc64 + sparc32
8 -> sparc? If so, please don't use manson's script :)
9
10 It'd be nice to see x86/amd64 going this way as well. I mean, we can fit
11 mips under one keyword, and there's far more difference there than there
12 is between a 386 and an opteron.
15 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Fluxbox, shell tools)
16 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
17 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm