From: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] PYTHON_DEPEND in EAPI >=4, PYTHON_BDEPEND
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 20:16:03
1 On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 08:32:16PM +0100, Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis wrote:
2 > I would like to introduce incompatible improvements in syntax of PYTHON_DEPEND variable in
3 > EAPI >=4. The new syntax will depend on whether given package supports installation for
4 > multiple Python ABIs. The extended functionality will replace PYTHON_USE_WITH* variables.
5 >
6 > [...]
7
8 Your changes are far too complicated to me. Python eclass and
9 consequently writing python ebuilds is a difficult task already.
10 If you keep adding more and more "magic" in this eclass,
11 you will end up supporting and fixing all the python ebuilds by
12 yourself. Maybe you should consider splitting python eclass
13 into two separate modules. One for core functionality and
14 another one which will inherit this core eclass and export
15 a simple API so the rest of us can use python eclass without
16 having to study all the documentation for a month.
19 Markos Chandras (hwoarang)
20 Gentoo Linux Developer
21 Web: http://hwoarang.silverarrow.org
22 Key ID: 441AC410
23 Key FP: AAD0 8591 E3CD 445D 6411 3477 F7F7 1E8E 441A C410