From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Announce: standalone libgpm
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 14:33:30
1 Please move this thread to the appropriate mailing list..
2 (ie not this list)
6 On Wed, 2006-07-05 at 14:31 +0200, Enrico Weigelt wrote:
7 > * Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> schrieb:
8 >
9 > <snip>
10 >
11 > > > Yes, would be better, if it's included in the gpm release.
12 > > > But: it should be possible to build/install it independently from
13 > > > gpm, and also to build gpm against an already installed libgpm.
14 > > > So actually two separate packages, maybe distributed in one tarball.
15 > >
16 > > considering gpm uses autotools, i really dont see why there needs
17 > > to be all that many changes ... write it correctly and it'd be
18 > > easy to fold into configure.ac/Makefile.am
19 > >
20 > > ./configure --disable-binaries
21 >
22 > That doesn't seem to be clean enough for me. I need the libgpm,
23 > and only libgpm, built, and then gpm server built against this
24 > (already installed) libgpm, found via pkg-config. I've got very
25 > strict policies at this point.
26 >
27 > My further plan in short words:
28 >
29 > + further tests on libgpm
30 > + split off the gpm server and rewrite to build against an already
31 > installed libgpm (found via pkg-config)
32 > + put both into some cumulative package, which can be build
33 > just as the current gpm package.
34 >
35 > Meanwhile we also should try to get in the pkg-config stuff,
36 > and let several parts to be switched off as you suggested,
37 > optionally build the server against an installed libgpm, etc.
40 > cu
41 > --
42 > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
43 > Enrico Weigelt == metux IT service