From: Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Decision to remove stage1/2 from installation documentation
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 16:22:11
1 Andrew Gaffney wrote:
2 > Lance Albertson wrote:
3 >
4 >> If you are that overworked, perhaps you should find more people to help
5 >> with releng and the duties you have? I've been in a similar position as
6 >> yourself where its hard to find good quality folks that stick around,
7 >> and then you get used to doing everything yourself. I haven't seen any
8 >> emails asking for help or people for releng. This is the first I've
9 >> heard of your troubles with not having adequate time for all the duties
10 >> you do yourself.
11 >>
12 >> If you need help, please ask for it and at least try and get some of
13 >> that load off of you so that we don't take things out of gentoo simply
14 >> because of the lack of time.
17 > Apparently you missed his email to -core on the 27th of October with the
18 > subject "x86 Release Coordinator" where he asks for someone to step up
19 > to take beejay's old job...the one that he's doing now.
20
21 Yeah, my bad. I guess I was just looking at the -dev mailing list since
22 it has a larger reader-base. I still think he should have sent that to
23 -dev to get more input. I understand that he probably was looking
24 internally for someone, but its best to keep your options open. You
25 never know what person you might find out of the blue to help with the
26 project.
27
28 Also, I noticed there's no request for this position on the [1] staffing
29 needs page. So you may want to include something there as well.
30
31 My bad on missing the email on -core.
32
33 [1] http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/devrel/staffing-needs/
36 Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
37 Gentoo Infrastructure | Operations Manager
38
39 ---
40 GPG Public Key: <http://www.ramereth.net/lance.asc>
41 Key fingerprint: 0423 92F3 544A 1282 5AB1 4D07 416F A15D 27F4 B742
42
43 ramereth/irc.freenode.net