From: Georgi Georgiev <chutz@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Request about GPG keys
Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 15:10:18
1 maillog: 16/05/2004-15:50:31(+0200): Paul de Vrieze types
2 > On Sunday 16 May 2004 05:23, Georgi Georgiev wrote:
3 > > Could please everybody who uses GPG to sign their e-mail provide their
4 > > public keys in an easily accessible place. It would be best if they could
5 > > post it to a keyserver, so gnupg can autoretrieve the key when necessary.
6 > >
7 > > Even if this is too much to ask from users, I guess at least the gentoo
8 > > devs can be polite enough and do it.
9 > >
10 > > Providing the keys on
11 > > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/devrel/roll-call/userinfo.xml or maybe a link
12 > > to a keyserver that points to the dev's key would be nice. Well, a link
13 > > wouldn't do much good, since plenty of the keys on that page are not
14 > > available from a keyserver.
15 >
16 > Most keys are available on pgp.mit.edu.
17
18 The reason why I bothered to send that e-mail is that some of them are not.
19 And there is the occasional post to this list that slows my mailer down,
20 because of the autoretrieve feature of gnupg. Never mind that it happens for
21 every post of that person. I especially don't like it, when the sender is
22 someone@g.o.
25 / Georgi Georgiev / Where is John Carson now that we need him? - /
26 \ chutz@×××.net \ - RLG \
27 / +81(90)6266-1163 / /