From: Lars Weiler <pylon@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] CVS-Server requirements (was: implementation details for GLEP 41)
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 05:36:31
1 * Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o> [05/11/19 22:50 -0600]:
2 > Yeah, we defiantly could use a beefy new server for CVS/SVN. Just make
3 > sure you chat with robbat2/Pylon on the specifics for the requirements.
4 > I believe the main thing they wanted was lots of ram.
5
6 CVS/SVN doesn't need much CPU load or even several CPUs and
7 also we don't need a lot of disk-space. But our setup could
8 make use of a lot of fast RAM and a nice RAID (which we
9 don't have at the moment).
10
11 So specs are:
12 - ~3GHz Xeon
13 - 4-6GB of RAM
14 - RAID-5 or -10 with u320 disks (for the actual data, 20GB
15 would be enough for the next years)
16 - a very good network-connection
17
18 Regards, Lars
21 Lars Weiler <pylon@g.o> +49-171-1963258
22 Gentoo Linux PowerPC : Developer and Release Engineer
23 Gentoo Infrastructure : CVS Administrator
24 Gentoo Foundation : Trustee