From: Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] implementation details for GLEP 41
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 04:55:56
1 Corey Shields wrote:
2 > On Saturday 19 November 2005 08:25 pm, Grant Goodyear wrote:
3 >
4 >>In any event, do we need a new server anyway? We actually do have some
5 >>money that could be spent on such things, and the CVS server is really
6 >>high on the list of for which I, personally, would be more than willing
7 >>to spend it.
8 >>
9 >>-g2boojum-
12 > This is a good possibility.. I personally don't use cvs that much but have
13 > heard from quite a few people that it could be faster. And the box that it
14 > is currently on does not have any OOB management.
15 >
16 > We've talked about OSL getting a couple of new boxes for Gentoo, one for a new
17 > dev.gentoo.org and one for cvs, but it's looking like just the one for dev
18 > will be a reality. I will be ordering it next week. That said, we can roll
19 > in an order for an additional box and get a good price on it.
20 >
21 > The problem in all of this is the money transfer. I'll check on Monday if
22 > there is a possible way to go from Gentoo Paypal to OSL Foundation. We can
23 > whip out a proposal if that works out. (there are other ways of doing it,
24 > yes, but this would be cheapest I know of right now)
25
26 Yeah, we defiantly could use a beefy new server for CVS/SVN. Just make
27 sure you chat with robbat2/Pylon on the specifics for the requirements.
28 I believe the main thing they wanted was lots of ram.
31 Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
32 Gentoo Infrastructure | Operations Manager
33
34 ---
35 GPG Public Key: <http://www.ramereth.net/lance.asc>
36 Key fingerprint: 0423 92F3 544A 1282 5AB1 4D07 416F A15D 27F4 B742
37
38 ramereth/irc.freenode.net