From: Corey Shields <cshields@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] implementation details for GLEP 41
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 04:45:19
1 On Saturday 19 November 2005 08:25 pm, Grant Goodyear wrote:
2 > In any event, do we need a new server anyway? We actually do have some
3 > money that could be spent on such things, and the CVS server is really
4 > high on the list of for which I, personally, would be more than willing
5 > to spend it.
6 >
7 > -g2boojum-
8
9 This is a good possibility.. I personally don't use cvs that much but have
10 heard from quite a few people that it could be faster. And the box that it
11 is currently on does not have any OOB management.
12
13 We've talked about OSL getting a couple of new boxes for Gentoo, one for a new
14 dev.gentoo.org and one for cvs, but it's looking like just the one for dev
15 will be a reality. I will be ordering it next week. That said, we can roll
16 in an order for an additional box and get a good price on it.
17
18 The problem in all of this is the money transfer. I'll check on Monday if
19 there is a possible way to go from Gentoo Paypal to OSL Foundation. We can
20 whip out a proposal if that works out. (there are other ways of doing it,
21 yes, but this would be cheapest I know of right now)
22
23 -C
26 Corey Shields
27 Gentoo Linux Infrastructure Team