From: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] implementation details for GLEP 41
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 04:28:25
1 Kurt Lieber wrote: [Sat Nov 19 2005, 04:42:41PM CST]
2 > On Sat, Nov 19, 2005 at 05:06:15PM +0000 or thereabouts, Kurt Lieber wrote:
3 > If the requirement is for r/o CVS access to the same CVS server that the
4 > pure-blooded developers use (sorry, couldn't resist) then it may require
5 > upgrades to our existing server and/or purchasing a new server.
6
7 What about authenticated viewcvs on the live CVS server instead? Back
8 when we had a live viewcvs I used to use it all the time for doing
9 exactly what the ATs want to do now, and I assume that viewcvs puts much
10 less load on the server than a CVS pull does.
11
12 In any event, do we need a new server anyway? We actually do have some
13 money that could be spent on such things, and the CVS server is really
14 high on the list of for which I, personally, would be more than willing
15 to spend it.
16
17 -g2boojum-
18 --
19 Grant Goodyear
20 Gentoo Developer
21 g2boojum@g.o
22 http://www.gentoo.org/~g2boojum
23 GPG Fingerprint: D706 9802 1663 DEF5 81B0 9573 A6DC 7152 E0F6 5B76