From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] implementation details for GLEP 41
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 04:41:20
1 On Sat, 2005-11-19 at 22:25 -0600, Grant Goodyear wrote:
2 > Kurt Lieber wrote: [Sat Nov 19 2005, 04:42:41PM CST]
3 > > On Sat, Nov 19, 2005 at 05:06:15PM +0000 or thereabouts, Kurt Lieber wrote:
4 > > If the requirement is for r/o CVS access to the same CVS server that the
5 > > pure-blooded developers use (sorry, couldn't resist) then it may require
6 > > upgrades to our existing server and/or purchasing a new server.
7 >
8 > What about authenticated viewcvs on the live CVS server instead? Back
9 > when we had a live viewcvs I used to use it all the time for doing
10 > exactly what the ATs want to do now, and I assume that viewcvs puts much
11 > less load on the server than a CVS pull does.
12 >
13 > In any event, do we need a new server anyway? We actually do have some
14 > money that could be spent on such things, and the CVS server is really
15 > high on the list of for which I, personally, would be more than willing
16 > to spend it.
17 >
18 > -g2boojum-
19
20 If we were able to purchase hardware then we might as well make it the
21 anon cvs/svn server, no keys/auth are needed then and simple aliases
22 would suffice on toucan maintained by the AT leads.
26 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
27 Gentoo Linux
30 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list