From: Angelo Arrifano <miknix@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: Re: Re: .la files and their future on Gentoo
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2010 12:13:53
1 On 05-10-2010 13:28, Diego Elio Pettenò wrote:
2 > Il giorno mar, 05/10/2010 alle 13.25 +0200, Diego Elio Pettenò ha
3 > scritto:
4 >> Definitely not from /usr/lib/libGL.la given that libGL is part of mesa
5 >> and mesa did not use libtool for linking until very recently,
6 >
7 > Actually, scratch that, mesa IS NOT USING LIBTOOL AT ALL.
8 >
9 > So you hit the jackpot: you brought up a libtool use case that... does
10 > not use libtool at all! Congratulations!
11 >
12 > Now, can you please let people express _informed_ opinions?
15 I don't want to interrupt your celebration of winning a war or
16 something. Just want to say that mesa is not the only opengl
17 implementation. The examples I gave work with any other libtool managed
18 library.