From: Robert Bridge <robert@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Agenda [WAS: One-Day Gentoo Council Reminder for June]
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 17:28:22
1 On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 12:11:11 +0100
2 Roy Marples <roy@×××××××.name> wrote:
3
4 > On Thursday 19 June 2008 02:43:12 Chris Gianelloni wrote:
5 > > Nope. What I see as a problem is that the primary author and
6 > > current de facto maintainer is so much of an asshole that he was
7 > > forcibly removed from the Gentoo project, which PMS is supposed to
8 > > be written for, and has ostracized (at least) one of the package
9 > > manager's development team with his constant not-so-subtle
10 > > attacks. Quite frankly, I'd prefer see Gentoo take control over
11 > > the specification that defines the most important single feature of
12 > > Gentoo and remove the non-Gentoo developers from its development.
13 > > No offense, but you're not a Gentoo developer any longer and you
14 > > shouldn't have a say in how *we* manage ourselves. You're more
15 > > than welcome to contribute code, fork, or whatever the hell you
16 > > want. This is open source, after all, but that doesn't mean you
17 > > should be allowed to hold the position of power over Gentoo that
18 > > you've been granted.
19 >
20 > I would like to see Gentoo grow some balls and start banning people
21 > from -dev and other media used. I don't mean temporary bans, I mean
22 > for life.
23 >
24 > Yes, it's not nice. Yes, Gentoo should be open for all and encourage
25 > participation from all. However, some people have demonstrated time
26 > and time again over quite a number of years that they wont change no
27 > matter what. These people are posionous [1].
28
29 Slightly ironic for me to suggest this, but...
30
31 It is the gentoo-dev mailing list, restrict posting to gentoo devs
32 (i.e. only people with a @gentoo.org email address) would make a lot of
33 sense.
34
35 Rob.