From: Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: Re: Re: New global USE flag: keyring
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 01:23:33
1 Jeroen Roovers wrote:
2 > On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 15:02:29 +0100
3 > Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
4 >
5 >> Sorry to get technical but how difficult is it really to change USE
6 >> flag names? I appreciate that users are out of sync yadda yadda, but
7 >> could this kind of thing not be considered out of band data similar
8 >> to news?
9 >>
10 >> I accept that portage has to maintain compatibility but aiui the old
11 >> way of doing this was simply depending on a version of portage that
12 >> had the capability. Since we're only talking about ~10 packages, is
13 >> that so much of a hardship?
14 >>
15 >> After all, I'm sure the other manglers don't lag behind emerge, based
16 >> on the hyperbole. Do they?
17 >
18 > I'm deeply sorry. I read all of that three times and while it seemed to
19 > make sense the first time, by the third time I saw the error of my ways.
20 >
21 You've lost me; if I've caused you offence somehow please accept my apology
22 and mail me off-list to tell me how.
23
24 Regards,
25 Steve.