From: Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: Re: New global USE flag: keyring
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 15:28:39
1 On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 15:02:29 +0100
2 Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3
4 > Sorry to get technical but how difficult is it really to change USE
5 > flag names? I appreciate that users are out of sync yadda yadda, but
6 > could this kind of thing not be considered out of band data similar
7 > to news?
8 >
9 > I accept that portage has to maintain compatibility but aiui the old
10 > way of doing this was simply depending on a version of portage that
11 > had the capability. Since we're only talking about ~10 packages, is
12 > that so much of a hardship?
13 >
14 > After all, I'm sure the other manglers don't lag behind emerge, based
15 > on the hyperbole. Do they?
16
17 I'm deeply sorry. I read all of that three times and while it seemed to
18 make sense the first time, by the third time I saw the error of my ways.
21 Kind regards,
22 JeR
23 --
24 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list