From: Fernando Rodriguez <frodriguez.developer@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Github PR commenting policy
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2015 21:54:34
1 On Saturday, September 19, 2015 7:31:11 AM Michał Górny wrote:
2 > Dnia 2015-09-18, o godz. 20:09:16
3 > Fernando Rodriguez <frodriguez.developer@×××××××.com> napisał(a):
4 >
5 > > Github allows editting of comments in pull requests. Is there a policy
6 > > regarding that? I've noticed a comment disappear which makes the rest of
7 the
8 > > conversation seem out of place.
9 >
10 > We can't really do anything about that. However, we might soon be
11 > mirroring all comments on Bugzilla where removing comments is not
12 > permitted.
13
14 I realize you can't control how users use that feature but there should be
15 some policy about how developers use it. I opened at PR because I was asked in
16 bugzilla. I received some suggestions to which I replied that most of them are
17 not related to my PR but will still do them. After I pushed the changes the
18 comment making the suggestions gets deleted.
21 Fernando Rodriguez