From: James Le Cuirot <chewi@g.o>
To: Fernando Rodriguez <frodriguez.developer@×××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Github PR commenting policy
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2015 22:33:58
1 On Sun, 20 Sep 2015 17:53:25 -0400
2 Fernando Rodriguez <frodriguez.developer@×××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On Saturday, September 19, 2015 7:31:11 AM Michał Górny wrote:
5 > > Dnia 2015-09-18, o godz. 20:09:16
6 > > Fernando Rodriguez <frodriguez.developer@×××××××.com> napisał(a):
7 > >
8 > > > Github allows editting of comments in pull requests. Is there a
9 > > > policy regarding that? I've noticed a comment disappear which
10 > > > makes the rest of the
11 > > > conversation seem out of place.
12 > >
13 > > We can't really do anything about that. However, we might soon be
14 > > mirroring all comments on Bugzilla where removing comments is not
15 > > permitted.
16 >
17 > I realize you can't control how users use that feature but there
18 > should be some policy about how developers use it. I opened at PR
19 > because I was asked in bugzilla. I received some suggestions to which
20 > I replied that most of them are not related to my PR but will still
21 > do them. After I pushed the changes the comment making the
22 > suggestions gets deleted.
23
24 They are probably not deleted but merely hidden. There should be a
25 "Show outdated diff" link that will reveal them.
28 James Le Cuirot (chewi)
29 Gentoo Linux Developer