From: Fernando Rodriguez <frodriguez.developer@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Github PR commenting policy
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2015 22:55:31
1 On Sunday, September 20, 2015 11:33:34 PM James Le Cuirot wrote:
2 > On Sun, 20 Sep 2015 17:53:25 -0400
3 > Fernando Rodriguez <frodriguez.developer@×××××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 > > On Saturday, September 19, 2015 7:31:11 AM Michał Górny wrote:
6 > > > Dnia 2015-09-18, o godz. 20:09:16
7 > > > Fernando Rodriguez <frodriguez.developer@×××××××.com> napisał(a):
8 > > >
9 > > > > Github allows editting of comments in pull requests. Is there a
10 > > > > policy regarding that? I've noticed a comment disappear which
11 > > > > makes the rest of the
12 > > > > conversation seem out of place.
13 > > >
14 > > > We can't really do anything about that. However, we might soon be
15 > > > mirroring all comments on Bugzilla where removing comments is not
16 > > > permitted.
17 > >
18 > > I realize you can't control how users use that feature but there
19 > > should be some policy about how developers use it. I opened at PR
20 > > because I was asked in bugzilla. I received some suggestions to which
21 > > I replied that most of them are not related to my PR but will still
22 > > do them. After I pushed the changes the comment making the
23 > > suggestions gets deleted.
24 >
25 > They are probably not deleted but merely hidden. There should be a
26 > "Show outdated diff" link that will reveal them.
27
28 Are you refering to the "Show Obsolete" link on Bugzilla? I'm talking about
29 deleted comments on Github. I can't find anyway to show them.
32 Fernando Rodriguez