From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] linux-2.6.12
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 10:29:56
1 Kumba wrote:
2
3 > I'm just stating this, because once reiserfs4 goes mainline (I believe
4 > it's in -mm currently), we are bound to have users hitting various bumps
5 > and ruts in the road using it, and if they file bugs to our bugzilla
6 > that aren't related to patches we produce, then they'll likely wind up
7 > closed as invalid and such. This saves the users time, and may get them
8 > the answers they seek (or at least a resolution of some kind). It also
9 > saves our bug-wranglers time by now having to deal with more invalid bugs.
12 We can always patch the problem in the g-s ^^
13
14 Given reiserfs4 is around for enough time and lots of brave users tested
15 it, it MAY be not so unstable. (still I like jfs and xfs more, and I use
16 them just for transient data (large video and image processing tests and
17 so on))
21 Luca Barbato
22
23 Gentoo/linux Developer Gentoo/PPC Operational Leader
24 http://dev.gentoo.org/~lu_zero
27 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list