From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Putting qa warnings to a text file instead of showing them to the world
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 20:04:12
1 On Tuesday 27 December 2005 14:41, Petteri Räty wrote:
2 > > On Mon, Dec 26, 2005 at 12:54:04AM +0200, Petteri Räty wrote:
3 > >>Currently there are quite a few ebuilds in the tree that execute dodoc
4 > >>or dohtml for files that do not exist. I think it would be nice to have
5 > >>ebuilds die if this is the case. To not break current ebuilds this would
6 > >>only happen with FEATURES="stricter". This is what I currently do in my
7 > >>bashrc. Obviously when integreted to portage one can use helper
8 > >>functions like hasq which are not available in bashrc.
9 >
10 > Well some people opposed this idea so what do everyone think about
11 > making portage output stuff like this to a qa-warnings (or whatever)
12 > file that developers can use? This would have the added benefit that
13 > users would not normally see this stuff and report stuff so easily but
14 > developers would still have easy access to it. Portage could even output
15 > a header to this file saying not to file bug reports unless you know
16 > what you are doing?
17
18 if we start "hiding" the output like that then most people will ignore them
19 -mike
22 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list