From: Viktor Lakics <lakicsv@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [Re: [gentoo-dev] AA and KDE in gentoo - solved !!]
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 02:22:47
1 Dan,
2
3 Although AA works now, but I see your point with the speed issue. Have you
4 used an ebuild for compiling kde and qt on your own computer? I am using the
5 pre-built binaries on the rc-5 iso...
6
7 Is it possible that the difference what we are experiencing (given that you
8 use the same kind of video card) comes from having the pre-built binaries?
9
10 What kind of KDE and QT setup are you guys using outthere with AA problems?
11
12 I can't think of anything else...
13
14 Over the weekend I will try the NVIDIA drivers, to see whether it makes a
15 difference. But you said you had a working AA setup without those binary
16 drivers, right?
17
18 Viktor
22 Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o> wrote:
23 > I don't think it should be fixed on CVS. The original version (with
24 > LD_BIND_NOW set) gives much faster program loading (dynamic binding?), and
25 it
26 > works fine for me and many others. It shuold only be changed if it doesn't
27 > work.