From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] questions about small fixes/cleanups
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 05:54:21
1 >>>>> On Tue, 13 Sep 2016, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
2
3 >> * scripts in FILESDIR: In some packages i found scripts which
4 >> doesn't get used by the ebuild, but is probably used for generating
5 >> patches/tarballs. Should i file a bugs about them as i though the
6 >> FILESDIR should be only used for patches. Wouldn't be
7 >> /etc/portage/scripts the perfect place for such scripts?
8
9 > If they're not used by the tree, they probably don't belong in the
10 > tree, but maybe I lack imagination. Can you give a few examples?
11
12 We had a review of such files before the git conversion:
13 https://bugs.gentoo.org/550434
14
15 Especially, there's a list of "maintainer scripts" in comment #13.
16 At the time, we didn't do anything about them. There are very few of
17 such files (namely, 12 when that comment was written) so the space
18 taken by them is negligible.
19
20 Ulrich