From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] questions about small fixes/cleanups
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 12:46:12
1 On 09/14/2016 01:54 AM, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2 >
3 > We had a review of such files before the git conversion:
4 > https://bugs.gentoo.org/550434
5 >
6 > Especially, there's a list of "maintainer scripts" in comment #13.
7 > At the time, we didn't do anything about them. There are very few of
8 > such files (namely, 12 when that comment was written) so the space
9 > taken by them is negligible.
12 I'll take the low hanging fruit:
13
14 * dev-libs/collada-dom/files/take_snapshot.sh
15 * sys-libs/libcxxrt/files/prepare_snapshot.sh
16
17 Those two are completely trivial; clone a repo, rm -rf .git, tar it up.
18
19 * sys-libs/libcxx/files/prepare_snapshot.sh
20
21 This one's only marginally more complicated because it uses find/xargs
22 to remove all ".svn" directories (why not use svn export?). It also
23 appears unused, now that there are regular releases being made upstream.
24
25 * sys-apps/superiotool/files/make-tarball.sh
26
27 Another trivial three-liner; svn export and tar it up.
28
29 * net-misc/ntp/files/man-pages/genmans.sh
30
31 Generating man pages from HTML can be done in src_compile().