From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@×××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Paludis and Profiles
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 14:17:15
1 On Wed, 17 May 2006 12:14:37 +0200 Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 | On Wednesday 17 May 2006 02:42, Stephen Bennett wrote:
4 | > paludis/packages:
5 | > -*>=sys-apps/portage-2.0.51.22
6 | > *sys-apps/paludis
7 |
8 | Is there any reason that portage and paludis can not live together.
9
10 Sure they can. That's not what that profile says.
11
12 | With the contents of this profile I see no reason whatsoever to
13 | include it in the tree. Paludis itself could easilly maintain a
14 | blocker on portage. The rest is so boilerplate that it has no added
15 | benefit of having paludis use the normal profiles.
16
17 Again, that's not what that profile says. You need to read up on how
18 the packages file works. Basically, lines starting with a - are removed
19 from the existing set.
20
21 | If paludis does not aim at replacing portage
22
23 I'm sorry, but the term "Portage replacement" has been banned by the
24 Gentoo thought police.
27 Ciaran McCreesh
28 Mail : ciaran dot mccreesh at blueyonder.co.uk
32 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list