From: Spider <spider@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] libpng update steps: How to do it without breaking things
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 14:40:31
1 begin quote
2 On Wed, 17 Apr 2002 07:23:37 -0700 (PDT)
3 Aadi Deshpande <cilqproj@×××××.com> wrote:
6 > I tried it out again. The problem was that I had two versions of QT (
7 > 2 and 3 ) and they both linked against libpng.
8 >
9 > So when I ran the scripts, it was printing out x11-libs/qt as needing
10 > to be remerged, and me in my infinite lack of wisdom didn't even
11 > bother looking into that.
12
13 It seems I overoptimized the scripts a bit :) Removing version numbers
14 seemed a good idea at the time, as I hadn't done any pkg-clean in a
15 while and got a looot of odd positives, and, this way it can be
16 automized to rebuild the select packages (See the commented out line,
17 its there in functionality).
21 > i noticed something else, however, that the qt3 ebuilds don't respect
22 > the CXXFLAGS. Is there a reason for that?
23
24 That's something you should probably look inside the qt3 ebuild file and
25 changelog about.
26
27 Fex. people may well overoptimize their CXXFLAGS with -fno-signals and
28 other possibly breaking things, works well when you dont use them, but
29 when you do you break things horridly.
32 //Spider
40 begin .signature
41 This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!
43 end