From: "Diego Elio Pettenò" <flameeyes@×××××××××.eu>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] proposal for consistency between {RUBY,PYTHON,PHP}_TARGETS
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2012 16:08:04
1 On 24/11/2012 07:46, Brian Dolbec wrote:
2 > For ruby19, split in the middle to get 1.9, but what about 110, is it
3 > 11.0 or 1.10.
4
5 Okay stop.
6
7 There's no 1.10.
8
9 There's 2.0 that's being developed for a long time.
10
11 And we're not going to change our scheme just because of some
12 theoretical corner case that has been proven not happening in our world.
13
14 Especially since we were the first (and not even with ruby-ng, the
15 syntax has been the same for years, starting with ruby16).
18 Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
19 flameeyes@×××××××××.eu — http://blog.flameeyes.eu/