From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] tentative x86 arch team glep
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 17:48:13
1 On Tuesday 06 September 2005 19:11, Joshua Baergen wrote:
2 > Sven Vermeulen wrote:
3 > > MAINTENANCE="~x86" # Maintainer uses x86, package not deemed stable
4 >
5 > I would even suggest not indicating maintainer arch at all. If ATs are
6 > going to be responsible for keywording we should blackbox the process to
7 > ward off assumptions and laziness. Whether the maintainer thinks it's
8 > stable or not on x86 should not affect the AMD64 AT, or even the x86 AT
9 > for that matter.
10 >
11 > We could even boil it down to M_STABLE="yes"|"no" at that point
12 > (suggestions for variable name welcome).
13
14 In this case just adding a new keyword would be easier. It also would mean
15 that current tools like imlate would be usable without (significant) change.
16
17 Paul
20 Paul de Vrieze
21 Gentoo Developer