From: Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o>
To: gentoo development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Deprecating repoman
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2022 21:19:46
1 On Wed, Mar 9, 2022 at 1:15 PM Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Wed, Mar 9, 2022 at 4:00 PM Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o> wrote:
4 > >
5 > > Are there any useful checks or behaviors of repoman that are missing
6 > > from pkgcheck and pkgcommit?
7 >
8 > Would it make sense to package pkgcommit or otherwise stick it
9 > somewhere official? I know there is a copy on mgorny's github
10 > repo/blog, but if this is going to become the recommended way to do
11 > commits we might want to stick it someplace a bit more canonical, and
12 > having it in a package would ensure that if there are any changes they
13 > get distributed.
14
15 I agree, this would be nice. (And it's already in a package,
16 app-portage/mgorny-dev-scripts as I mentioned)
17
18 > Obviously there are other ways to set it, but it lacks obtaining the
19 > gpg key to use from make.conf. I'm not sure that is really the best
20 > place to put it in any case. Just figured I'd point it out.
21
22 I think some bit of this message was lost? Looks like you're asking
23 about where we should set the GPG key used for signing commits. IMO
24 .git/config is the right place. Configuring it in make.conf was not a
25 good idea, and as a follow-on I'd like to remove that.