From: Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Portage Feature Request: making thirdpartymirrors easier to manage
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2014 02:14:37
1 On Wed, 08 Jan 2014 13:37:13 -0500
2 Alex Xu <alex_y_xu@×××××.ca> wrote:
3
4 > Eww. Geographically-close files should be made available through
5 > GENTOO_MIRRORS and the regular distfiles system.
6
7 How do you define GENTOO_MIRRORS? Where did RESTRICT=mirror go? Oh
8 right. What if those are not available? What I am proposing is /more/
9 flexibility, but you think when GENTOO_MIRRORS fails, I should still
10 collect files from just any site half a world away? How does that help?
11 Please contribute.
14 jer