From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Portage Feature Request: making thirdpartymirrors easier to manage
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2014 02:23:53
1 On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 6:14 PM, Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > On Wed, 08 Jan 2014 13:37:13 -0500
4 > Alex Xu <alex_y_xu@×××××.ca> wrote:
5 >
6 > > Eww. Geographically-close files should be made available through
7 > > GENTOO_MIRRORS and the regular distfiles system.
8 >
9 > How do you define GENTOO_MIRRORS? Where did RESTRICT=mirror go? Oh
10 > right. What if those are not available? What I am proposing is /more/
11 > flexibility, but you think when GENTOO_MIRRORS fails, I should still
12 > collect files from just any site half a world away? How does that help?
13 > Please contribute.
16 Except the original proposal is fairly simple (+ / - to add remove mirrors)
17 and doesn't deal with prioritizing nor ordering them....so how would that
18 work? Labelling each mirror I presume?
19
20 -A
25 > jer
26 >