From: AGottinger@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] login.defs; djbdns:dnscache; misc.
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2001 09:03:07
1 Gontran wrote:
2 >
3 > Some issues I ran across this week working with my rc5 revision 0
4 > Gentoo install:
5 >
6 > (1)
7 > /etc/login.defs
8 >
9 > Appears to have been appended with a copy of itself, or some such
10 > at one point.
11 >
12 > $ cat /etc/login.defs | sort | uniq -c >login.defs.counted
13 >
14 > revealed that ALL variables were in duplicate with the exception of
15 > 'FAIL_DELAY 3'. Duplicates have been removed and 1/2 size file is
16 > attached.
17
18 Thank you, I fixed login.defs on cvs.
19
20 > (3)
21 > manpaths
22 > Known issues here? Lost my example.
23
24 X11R6 manpaths are abit mixed up atm
25 >
26 > (4)
27 > /tmp
28 > Known issue.
29 > needs wold writable perms ... has drwxr-xr-x
30
31 Must be an untar problem, we use 1777 perms for /tmp and /var/tmp
34 > (5)
35 > djbdns: dnscache
36 >
37 > I see there was a thread on djbdns on the list, but
38 > this problem here didn't seem to be fleshed out, though it
39 > may have been involved.
40 >
41 > running /etc/rc.d/init.d/svc-dnscache setup
42 >
43 > dnscache-conf was run with parameters that lacked prior initialization.
44 > It failed but did not abort.
45 >
46 > It complained about 'dnslog' so I added the account by hand
47 > and reran the setup option. This time it completed without
48 > complaint.
49 >
50 > But, things were not working right.
51 >
52 > The dnscache user wasn't set up either ... adding this user
53 > immediately solved the malfunction.
54 >
55 > I guess this should be handled during setup? diff which
56 > checks for these users and adds them as needed is attached.
57
58 Sorry, I'm unfamilar with dnscache, maybe someone who uses that package
59 can fix it.
60
61 thank you for the reoprt.
62
63 bye achim~
66 > At your service,
67 > Gontran
68 >
70 >
71 > login.defs.newName: login.defs.new
72 > Type: Plain Text (text/plain)
73 >
74 > svcdnscache.diffName: svcdnscache.diff
75 > Type: Plain Text (text/plain)