From: Greg KH <gregkh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] devfs is dead, let's move on
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 23:18:26
1 On Thu, Jul 07, 2005 at 12:06:04AM +0100, Roy Marples wrote:
2 >
3 > This has absolutely zero to do with udev, but the point is that devfs vs
4 > udev "flames" cannot be ignored until non udev supported kernels from
5 > all arches are removed from the tree.
6
7 It also has nothing to do with the naming scheme we use in /dev, as the
8 network stuff you mention don't care about /dev, right?
9
10 So, changing the udev naming scheme should not break SPARC, as I am
11 trying to migrate back to the standard LSB naming scheme.
12
13 After we get there, then I'll add the persistant naming symlinks that
14 it's looking like all distros are going to be agreeing apon in a few
15 months...
16
17 thanks,
18