From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Upcoming changes to hosting of Git repos on git.gentoo.org (NOT overlays.git.gentoo.org)
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 04:20:33
1 On 04:38 Sat 22 Jan , Theo Chatzimichos wrote:
2 > Assuming we're going to move the git.overlays.gentoo.org repos there as well
3 > in the near future, this is the structure i am proposing:
4 >
5 > source
6 > - portage-main.git
7 > - portage-history.git
8 > infra (or sysadmin)
9 > - (repo1).git
10 > - (repo2).git
11 > - ...
12 > overlay
13 > - project (instead of proj)
14 > - sunrise.git
15 > - kde.git
16 > - ...
17 > - personal (merge dev/ & user/)
18 > - aballier.git
19 > - alexxy.git
20 > - ...
21 > website
22 > - blogs.git
23 > - planet.git
24 > - forums.git
25 > - gstats.git
26 > - packages.git
27 > - www.git (the gentoo cvs repo)
28 > - ...
29 > project (includes SOC projects, forks, gentoo projects etc)
30 > - devmanual.git
31 > - portage.git
32 > - ...
35 I don't see any particular reason to distinguish between the main tree
36 and overlays in this structure. Just do something common for both, like
37 tree/ or ebuilds/ or packages/. In the same vein, there's no good reason
38 I can think of to discriminate between overlays that are project vs
39 personal, since either can be supported or unsupported.
42 Thanks,
43 Donnie
44
45 Donnie Berkholz