From: Thilo Bangert <bangert@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] How to speed up maintenance and other Gentoo work?
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 08:24:24
1 one thing that could perhaps speed up gentoo is specifying at what point
2 or what steps are required before it is ok to "step on others toes".
3
4 we have the QAcanfix keyword, for bugs where QA "threatens" to just fix
5 the bug if the maintainer doesn't react timely... but it appears to be the
6 tree could generally move faster, if there was an agreement as to when
7 somebody is allowed to fix another maintainers stuff.
8
9 if we had a formal process in place, one could always execute on that and
10 fix the issue oneself, instead of having the cheap excuse of "well,
11 <slowguy> hasnt fixed bug xxx yet, so i cant move".
12
13 this process should ideally be very lean and short - as to not discourage
14 these type of changes.
15
16 kind regards
17 Thilo