From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] removing dhcpcd from system???
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 05:26:03
1 On Tuesday 28 September 2004 12:45 am, Armando Di Cianno wrote:
2 > I guess this (dhcp or any other "hard-coded"-yet-optional function)
3 > just should be a USE flag or similar. But I think we both understand
4 > what the other is saying, so I'll stop polluting everyone's mailboxen
5 > now. ;-)
6
7 it's mostly a factor of ease of use
8
9 if we install baselayout with USE=-dhcp, that means we install baselayout
10 without the little bit of code that works with dhcp ... but if later you want
11 dhcp, you have to 'rebuild' baselayout with USE=dhcp for that functionality
12
13 yes, this is like many other packages (you want support for something you had
14 previously turned off), but considering the size saving / hassle, i dont
15 think it's worth it
16 -mike
19 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list