From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: new bugzilla resolution: NEEDPATCH
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 16:38:55
1 On Wed, 30 May 2007 21:44:08 -0700
2 "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 02:32:22AM +0200, Marius Mauch wrote:
5 > > I'm sure I'm not the only one who knows a number of (enhancement)
6 > > bugs that are fixable, but the assignee doesn't have the motivation
7 > > to come up with a solution, but would look at and eventually
8 > > include a user-submitted patch for it. Currently those would either
9 > > be left open forever or closed as WONTFIX which isn't compeltely
10 > > accurate. Therefore I propose a new bugzilla resolution NEEDPATCH
11 > > so we're not stuck with tons of open bugs that might never be
12 > > closed (or get closed with a somewhat incorrect resolution). It
13 > > might also give people who want to help a simpler target instead of
14 > > browsing through all open bugs and trying to find one where a user
15 > > can work on.
16 > I think a keyword might be more useful, as at least with my bugs, I'd
17 > like to keep them open myself - if the user doesn't provide a patch,
18 > it's still something that I'd get around to doing eventually.
19
20 Guess keyword works better for that case and solves the main issue as
21 well (filtering). So I've added the new keyword "NeedPatch".
22
23 Marius
28 In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
29 Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.