From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: new bugzilla resolution: NEEDPATCH
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 04:46:46
1 On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 02:32:22AM +0200, Marius Mauch wrote:
2 > I'm sure I'm not the only one who knows a number of (enhancement) bugs
3 > that are fixable, but the assignee doesn't have the motivation to come
4 > up with a solution, but would look at and eventually include a
5 > user-submitted patch for it. Currently those would either be left open
6 > forever or closed as WONTFIX which isn't compeltely accurate. Therefore
7 > I propose a new bugzilla resolution NEEDPATCH so we're not stuck with
8 > tons of open bugs that might never be closed (or get closed with a
9 > somewhat incorrect resolution). It might also give people who want to
10 > help a simpler target instead of browsing through all open bugs and
11 > trying to find one where a user can work on.
12 I think a keyword might be more useful, as at least with my bugs, I'd
13 like to keep them open myself - if the user doesn't provide a patch,
14 it's still something that I'd get around to doing eventually.
15
16 I specifically want my bugs to stay open, and be easily visible as to
17 why I've kept them open.
20 Robin Hugh Johnson
21 Gentoo Linux Developer & Council Member
22 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
23 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85